15 February 2014

maybe you will read this

I don't know if more than one person read this post on FB...but you might!  Because blogs have more words.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy-PhBPEFr0

This (the link above) reminds me of what we talked about in my Book of Mormon class earlier. My teacher is so great. We talked about how we can get stuck thinking of all the bad in the world…or we can focus on the hope of Jesus Christ and His gospel. I really believe that this is important.
We have so many "shenpa" experiences…(to be shenpa'd means to become stuck on something so that we are unable to grow and learn. We are literally spiritually and mentally stuck)! When we turn to Christ and seriously rely on His atonement, we can become unstuck.
Last week after we discussed the meaning of shenpa, I asked my teacher, Brother Purse, how to move away from shenpa.
I said: "It seems easier said than done." And he confirmed that…ha ha . However - this is what is most important - he said: "It all comes down to saying: 'Jesus, take the wheel,' in a Carrie Underwood sense." By believing this and trusting that there is a Savior who knows how we feel can take the burden off of our shoulders. Let Christ carry what you cannot, because He has already suffered the sins and pains of all people who live…YOU. After we have done all we can to repent and become more like Christ, we say: "Jesus, take the wheel. Because I cannot do this alone and I KNOW that you are aware of me and are beside me." Because He is.
We cannot control all aspects of our lives, but we can definitely control who we decide to become and how we react in all situations. So, will we turn to Christ and hope and trust in the redeeming and spiritually healing power of the atonement?

No matter who you are, what your background is, where you're from, what ethnicity you are, your age, hobbies, or family life, YOU can feel of God's love and of our Savior's love. I promise that the feeling of the redeeming and healing power of the atonement is worth more to me (and can be for you, too) than any other "thing" or feeling in the entire world - in all of eternity.

Someday when we die, we can meet God and our Savior again. We will remember more clearly our divine heritage and potential, and know that we are truly sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father who KNOWS and loves us. Because I know this, I have peace in my heart and an abiding hope and trust in Christ that I can live with my Savior and Father in Heaven again.


No comments: