01 August 2018

smart things about me

You may be wondering what qualifications I have to be sharing wisdom with you. I thought I'd dedicate a post to information on my experience working with children and my education - formal and informal.

When I was in high school and in my early years of college, I taught swim lessons to children ages 3-14 (and lifeguarded) PT. In 2017, I earned a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood/Special Education from BYU-Idaho. (See pictures below.) At school, I took courses on Child Development for infants and toddlers, Assessments, Interventions, Social Studies Education, Elementary Education, Science Education, Literacy Education, Math Education, Children's Literature, Physical Education, & Special Education. I also taught a toddler and preschool class with fellow students and did interventions with babies and toddlers. At the end of my college career, I student taught in 2017 for one semester in a 1st Grade classroom and a Special Education classroom. Finally and most importantly....I have a child - Kaladin (14 months old). (See picture below.)

I learned so much from my formal education. But the most amazing part has been applying my knowledge with my own baby and toddler. I love knowing what stage of life and growth Kaladin is in and how I can best promote his development. And - I am continuing to learn about his stages of development...the learning has definitely not stopped since college!

Anyway...maybe now you're convinced I have a little bit of an idea of what I'm talking about. ;) I don't know everything and I ask questions all the time. But I feel that I have something to share with the world...a unique perspective based on my personal experiences and knowledge. Thanks for joining me on this journey. :)

I graduated at 4 months pregnant! (Well, I still had a semester of Student Teaching.) Here I am with my niece:


Me with my husband, Stephen (insert heart eyes):


This is me with my side of the family. I don't have a picture of me with my other family (the one I married into lol) on my computer. Fun Fact: I'm wearing the heels I wore on my wedding day.


So proud:


I love being his mama!!



No comments: