02 September 2018

What a Stay-at-Home-Mom Does All Day

I get to stay at home with Kaladin! It's such a wonderful blessing and I love that I get to be with him everyday. Maybe you've wondered what a SAHM does all day? It's nothing fancy, but I'll tell you right here.

My first priority is Kaladin. I nurse him, eat meals + snacks with him, and keep him safe. I read books to him, dance to music with him, go on bike rides + walks with him, and run errands. We go to the library and attend classes or play there. I also spend a lot of time helping Kaladin to fall asleep when it is time to rest. I nurse him and lay with him until he falls asleep. He takes two naps a day and he goes to bed from 8-9 (if he falls asleep!). Sometimes he is a little bundle of energy and doesn't go to sleep until later than 9.

Oh - I also clean! I keep our home pretty, organized, and tidy. I love to shop at thrift and second hand stores to find cool things for our home or for Kaladin. Sometimes I read books and listen to podcasts (mostly about parenting). We read scriptures everyday and listen to general conference talks. Sometimes we go to visit daddy at work during lunch.

Sometimes Kaladin has really good days. Sometimes he has rough days, due to teething pain, being tired, or feeling grumpy just because. On those days, I spend a lot more time holding him, nursing him, and laying with him to sleep.

I also cook dinner - fancy me! Desserts, too. And you can't forget laundry. Kaladin is a good little helper.

No day is the same to me and Kaladin. He is changing so quickly and showing more of his personality. Each day may have some challenges but also some pretty beautiful things. I am so in love with my life and the people that are in it.

My job right now is raising Kaladin with Stephen. And I am SO HAPPY to be called to this work! It's challenging and tiring and so so sweet. It really is the best job ever. Why? Because of the way Kaladin looks at me, his sweet kisses and hugs, his bouncy dancing, and the way that we nurture each other everyday. Stephen and I are partners with God in raising a child - and that is something special.


(PC: https://macibingham.com/)

No comments: